We are big fans of sangria and have tried plenty of recipes. Some of them have been great and some not so good. We came across this white wine sangria recipe from The Blond Cook and had to share it. With cinnamon and cloves, it smells like the holidays and is easy to make. What’s not to love?
White Wine Holiday Sangria
- 1 (1.5 liter) bottle pinot grigio
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange, sliced
- Whole cloves (about 15) for sodding 1 orange slice
- 1 small granny smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
If you are wondering what sodding an orange looks like, you are not alone. I had to Google it. It’s simply putting the whole clove through the peel of the orange like a pinwheel.
Use fresh cranberries. They keep the white wine from turning pink.