Father’s Day is this weekend! We love our dad’s and husbands. Below are some last-minute ideas on how to celebrate all the cool “Pops” in your life.
- Make a Father’s Day brunch and give dad the remote and free range to watch any and all the sports he wants. Need ideas on what to serve? Check out our blog post What's For Brunch?.
- Go for a hike, bike ride or a walk. Switch up the environment and get dad out and about, even if it’s just a walk around the block. If you don’t own a bike, many cities are now offering bike share programs. If you’ve seen these bikes around your city and haven’t tried them yet, test them out! We have them in Seattle, and they are a great and easy to use. Dad will love feeling like a kid again on a family bike ride.
- Play catch, or another sport your dad loves. My dad was our softball coach growing up. It’s been awhile since we played catch. I know in doing so, it would bring back a lot of great memories. My dad would also enjoy a trip to the golf range or playing a round together too.
- BBQ his favorites. Dad’s and BBQ’s, they go hand in hand. Make all your dad’s favorite sides and let him work his grill magic. If your dad loves wine like ours do, bring him a bottle that goes great with grilling like the ones we shout out in this blog, Summer Reds For BBQ Season.
If your dad lives out of state like both my dad and Lauren's, below are some great ideas to make your dad’s day special even if you can’t be there in person to celebrate.
- Make a picture collage video on your phone. I recently did this for my husband’s birthday. If you have an iPhone, you can go into your photos and under “People and Places” you can click the image of your dad and it will create a mini photo collage of all the pics that your dad is in on your phone. You can even easily add music to the video. You can then download and text or email it to him with a “Happy Father’s Day” message.
- FaceTime or Skype. If you can’t be there in person, you can do the second-best thing and video chat with dad.
Cheers to all the dad’s and father figures out there. Enjoy your day!